Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bioshock infinite

So far I love this game. great graphics, interesting story-line, a villain I cannot wait to smash in the face. I will update it soon, though I will say the auto-save only option, is irritating. Let me just save when I want/need to. Please.
*edit*
Bioshock infinite exceeds my expectations by leaps and bounds, Graphically (though I am only playing it on the Xbox 360) it is amazing as I have come to expect from this series, the writing is superb and is Genre twisting, craziness. The surprises are just that a surprise. That, for me is a quiet but nice change. The gaming industry is too often plagued by cliche and redundancy.
I can't say anything about the story without ruining it, but I will say a few things about the setting: It is not all it appears to be, it is creepy when the proverbial "shit hits the fan",and listen very carefully to the songs that are being sung/played by phonograph/etc you will be surprised (it made me laugh)
One of the plot devices is actually one of my least favorite however, here it works, and the writers and game designers actually succeeded where so many have failed, using said device.
Next blog will be about Worlds of Ether my larp (live action role playing system) and the new ruleset for my tabletop roleplaying game I am working on!

No comments: